Instructional Technology Tools & Resources
The 1:Wonder technology program brings great opportunities to students and staff. The goal of this program is to promote educational excellence through exposure to 21st Century learning tools that will promote critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication – all skills needed to prepare students to be career and college-ready.
Canvas is the system that RLAS-116 uses as its Learning Management System for all students. It’s basically a one-stop-shop platform for instruction and learning.
Teachers and students interact through the Canvas tool by posting of live and recorded instruction links, posting of assignments and resources, and messaging. Students submit their assignments via this same tool.
Canvas may also be used by parents to monitor their student’s engagement and progress, as well as a central means to communicate with teachers.
Below are some resources you may find helpful as you and your child navigate the Canvas system.
CANVAS STUDENT APP
- Canvas Student App Guides – General how-to and setting resource links
CANVAS PARENT APP
- Canvas Parent Access Video - How a parent may use Canvas to monitor their child’s progress
- Canvas Observer – This tool provides parents with a direct think to monitor their student’s progress. View calendars, due dates, communicate with teachers, and more!
Infinite Campus is the system that RLAS-116 uses as its Student Information System. Parents utilize Infinite Campus to access their children’s grades and attendance. Additionally, parents process student registration using this system each school year.
- Parent Portal Video Tutorial – A general overview of the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Parent Portal Written Instructions
- Creating a Parent Portal Account
- Mobile Infinite Campus - Downloading the App and Logging In (English)
- Descargue la aplicación y Entrar (Spanish)
- Mobile Infinite Campus - Grades
- Mobile Infinite Campus - Calificación
- Mobile Infinite Campus - Navigation
- Mobile Infinite Campus - Navegación
- Logging In (English)
- Navigation (English)
- Checking Grades (English)
- Entrar (Spanish)
- Navegación (Spanish)
- Calificación (Spanish)
Seesaw is a tool that may be used by elementary classroom teachers. It’s an easy way for teachers and students to record and share what’s happening in the classroom. Seesaw gives students a place to document their learning, be creative and learn how to use technology. Students may journal and add items like photos, videos, drawings, and notes.
Zoom is a video conferencing system that will be used in various contexts throughout the school year. Teachers, students, and parents may use it to interact through instruction, whole-and small-group discussions, and meetings.