Welcome to the Round Lake High School Counseling Department!
Round Lake High School Counseling Department Philosophy
The mission of the RLHS Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. School counselors are student advocates who provide support to maximize their students' personal growth, potential, and academic achievements. Partnering with other educators and family members, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure all students are equipped with the knowledge and the skills to function as productive members of society.
To successfully implement the school counseling program at Round Lake High School, the counselors are committed to the following beliefs:
- All students will have access to the school counseling program.
- The school counseling program will be consistent with the expected developmental stages of learning.
- School counseling program activities will be planned and coordinated by the counseling staff.
- The school counseling department will be comprised of state-certified, masters-level counselors.
- Counselors will be available to all students to discuss academic, social, and personal matters.
- All students will have access to information about occupational and education planning.
- A counselor's role is to create relationships to help families navigate the challenges of high school and make plans for the future.
- The student and parents are responsible for monitoring the student's educational progress with the assistance of a certified school counselor.
- Counselors are available to assist students and families in making decisions about academic planning and post-high school planning.
- Professional development is critical to maintain and enhance a high-quality school counseling program.
- Building relationships is the key to being a successful student advocate, guide, and liaison between all members of the school community.
Below are the counselor caseloads for the 2022-23 school year. Please contact your specific counselor with any questions. Thank you!
To make an appointment with your counselor, you can use their Calendly link.