College of Lake County (CLC) Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

    Are you interested in attending the College of Lake County?  Do you have questions about the admission and enrollment process?  This list might have your answer!  If not, please see Mr. Bruno in the College and Career Center, or contact Klaudya Padilla, our CLC recruitment representative (see below).


    Financial Aid Office

    Phone: (847) 543-2062

    Email: finaid@clcillinois.edu

    Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/student-services/financial-aid-office


    How do I apply to CLC?

    1. Go to the website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/admission
    2. Click where it says, “ Apply Online”
    3. Read the statements and click “Ok”
    4. Fill out the required information and hit “Submit Information” at the end when done.

    You will need to know the following in order to fill out the application:

    1. Social security number (if applicable – if you don’t have one, enter all zeroes)
    2. Address, phone number, email
    3. Citizenship status
    4. Last high school attended
    5. Educational plan (There are options to choose from such as to complete an associate's degree, to prepare to transfer to a 4-year school, or to just take some classes)

    *If you have all this information, the application should take you no more than 15-20 minutes.  Students will receive 2 emails within an hour or so.  One will have their username and one will have their temporary password so they can log in.


    Question:  Where can I send my SAT scores and my transcript?

    Registrar’s Office:

    Email: registrar@clcillinois.edu

    CLC does not require a student’s SAT score to be official from SAT. Do NOT pay the $12 to send your score.  See your counselor for help in sending a copy of your score.


    Question:  What SAT score(s) do I need to place into college-level courses?

    SAT scores

    • If a student has a 470 minimum on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section, the student does not need to take the placement test.
    • If a student has a 580 minimum in Math, he/she does not need to take the placement test even if they didn’t take Geometry.
    • These are general guidelines. Scores could vary by program.


    Question: What do the course codes mean?  How do I know if a course will transfer to a 4-year school or not?

    Course codes

    • Even digit in the middle (121, 242, etc.) = transferable course to a 4-year school
    • Odd digit in the middle (131, 211, etc.) = career course not meant to be transferable
    • Zero in the middle (101, 102, etc.) = developmental/non-credit


    Question: Where can I get information on CLC scholarships?

    Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/clc-foundation-scholarships


    Question:  Where can I get information for undocumented students?

    Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/audiences/undocumented-students


    Question: Who can I talk to if I have an IEP and want to get set up for accommodations or other support at CLC?

    Thomas Crowe

    Director - Disability Services

    Location: L112

    Phone:  (847) 543-2473

    Email: tcrowe@clcillinois.edu

Melanie Sandoval
  • Round Lake High School’s Recruitment Representative


    Melanie Sandoval

    Phone: (847) 543-3517

    Email: msandoval3@clcillinois.edu

    Website: (being updated now!)


    Our CLC Navigator Melanie Sandoval will be at RLHS M, T, Th, F from 9am-3:30pm in the College and Career Center for students to work with.