Welcome to Third Grade 2017!
Welcome to Mrs. Steinhagen's 3rd grade class! I'm very excited to start the year with you.
Here are a few things you should know about our classroom:
- Please make sure you are connected to Class Dojo. Sign up and password information for our class will be shared the first week of school. Most of our communication will happnen through Class Dojo.
- Benefits of Class Dojo:
- Parents can see behavior information in real time.
- You can message the teacher night or day- no playing phone tag! Although, I do love to speak with you.
- You will see pictures and post of events and activities that are happening in our classroom.
- There is a translate button when you set up your account, however- not all things translate meaning correctly.
- We are a community based classroom. What does this mean? We share everything! We share supplies and work in teams. All school supplies are collected and rationed out to not only save you from continually buying supplies, but it also reduces theft and arguing overing things such as pencils. If everyone has the same pencil and we share, there are fewer issues. If you have bought your student special items, such a mechanical pencils, erasers, etc. please keep them at home for homework use.
- As a community based classroom, we sit at tables, have flexible seating to work with others, share centrally located supplies and support one another in our mistakes and successes! WE LEARN FROM EACH OTHER AND OUR MISTAKES. It show's we are trying!
- Please check the extra supplies list. We do a lot of activities using interactive notebooks. This is why you will need 2-3 composition notebooks and MANY gluesticks. We rarely use glue bottles because of the drying time and mess. I'd rather you send extra glue sticks instead of a glue bottle.
Homework- Please see the homework link. I am working with our technology coach to find a way to post assignments that students may have lost, as well as posting homework assignments online. It reduces stress on the parent and student when Thursday night rolls around and suddenly, we don't have our homework that's due Friday morning. :) I'll roll out that information as soon as I can make that available to you!
Co-Teaching Classroom- Mrs. Snell, the special education teacher and I are a co-teaching team. That means Mrs. Snell and I work together to provide support for all students, as well as special education students. We do have to share her with other classrooms, however you will hear from one or both of us throughout the year.
Exciting news for our classroom this year!
We are going to be a 1:1 classroom! What does that mean? We have Chrome books for every student in our classroom and most of our work will be digital. This is very new to me and our classroom this year. So, we will be working together about how to intergrate technology to enhance our learning. We did many projects last year using technology and this just means we get to explore with it even more! It's going to be a learning experience for us all and I can't wait to go on this journey with my students. So stay tuned!