Click here to access Board meeting agendas and packets.
Board of Education meetings are typically held at the Round Lake High School Library Media Center. Please see the schedule of meetings on the right side of this page.
The Round Lake School District Board of Education is composed of seven citizens of the Round Lake Area. Members serve without compensation and are elected to four-year terms in April of odd-numbered years.
The Board of Education is a policy-making body that reflects the needs and interest of the taxpayers. One of the most important responsibilities of the Board of Education is to hire and evaluate the superintendent of schools. The Board of Education also sets educational goals and policies for the schools based upon state laws and community values.
Other responsibilities include:
Click on the following links for more information regarding School Board meetings.
- Authorizing the employment of staff members and setting their salaries
- Determining educational standards and goals and monitoring district performance
- Authorizing curriculum development and revision
- Securing money for school operational needs and building programs
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out the district's goals
- Authorizing expenditures
How to Participate in School Board Meetings
How to Give a Formal Presentation to the Board