RLMS is a PBIS GOLD Level School!
PBIS stands for positive behavioral interventions and support. The mission of PBIS is to create a school community where positive and proactive behavior creates a supportive and safe environment for everyone. There are three main components of PBIS; teaching appropriate behavior, providing interventions when behavior expectations are not met, and recognizing students when behavior expectations are met. The success of PBIS depends on consistency in expectations, involvement, implementation and accountability.
Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports
- What Is PBIS? : A proactive approach to establishing the behavior supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success.
- Intended Outcomes: academic and behavior targets that are endorsed and emphasized by students, families, and educators.
- PBIS Practices: School wide and/or individual interventions and strategies that are evidence (data) based.
- Data Usage: The information is used to identify status, need for change, and effectiveness of interventions.
- PBIS Systems: The supports needed to enable the accurate and durable implementation of the practices of PBIS.
At All Times & In All Places, RLMS Students Are:
For more information on PBIS, click here.