Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

College of Lake County (CLC) Info


College of Lake County Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Are you interested in attending the College of Lake County?  Do you have questions about the admission and enrollment process?  This list might have your answer!  If not, please see Mr. Chiakulas in the College and Career Center, or contact Abe Skariya, our CLC recruitment representative (see below).

Class of 2018 SENIORS - Check out the CLC Spring 2018 Schedule of Events here.

Round Lake High School’s Recruitment Representative:

Abe Skariya

Phone: (847) 543-2836

Email: askariya@clcillinois.edu


Information specific for Round Lake High School students:



Financial Aid Office:

Phone: (847) 543-2062

Email: finaid@clcillinois.edu

Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/student-services/financial-aid-office


How do I apply to CLC?

  1. Go to the website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/admission
  2. Click where it says, “ Apply Online”
  3. Read the statements and click “Ok”
  4. Fill out the requirement information and hit “Submit Information” at the end when done.

You will need to know the following in order to fill out the application:

  1. Social security number (if applicable – if you don’t have one, enter all zeroes)
  2. Address, phone number, email
  3. Citizenship status
  4. Last high school attended
  5. Educational plan (There are options to choose from such as to complete an associates, to prepare to transfer to a 4-year school, or to just take some classes)

*If you have all this information, the application should take you no more than 15-20 minutes.  Students will receive 2 emails within an hour or so.  One will have their user name and one will have their temporary password so they can login.


Question:  Where can I send my ACT scores and my transcript?

Registrar’s Office:

Email: registrar@clcillinois.edu

  • CLC does not require a student’s ACT score to be official from ACT. Do NOT pay the $12 to send your score.  See Mr. Chiakulas or your counselor for help in sending a copy of your score.


Question:  What ACT score(s) do I need to place into college-level courses?

  • ACT scores:
    • If 17 minimum in English and Reading, student does not need to take the placement test.
    • If 22 minimum in Math, student does not need to take the placement test even if they didn’t take Geometry.
      • If a program requires college algebra, student needs a 25 in Math
      • For Engineering, students need a 28 in Math
    • If math is higher than a 17 but lower than a 22, the student doesn’t need to take the placement test, but will be in a developmental/non-credit math course
      • No GPA impact
      • No credit
      • Will appear on transcript
      • Scholarships and financial aid do still apply


Question: What do the course codes mean?  How do I know if a course will transfer to a 4-year school or not?

  • Course codes
    • Even digit in the middle (121, 242, etc.) = transferable course to a 4-year school
    • Odd digit in the middle (131, 211, etc.) = career course not meant to be transferable
    • Zero in the middle (101, 102, etc.) = developmental/non-credit


Question: Where can I get information on CLC scholarships?

Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/clc-foundation-scholarships


Question:  Where can I get information for undocumented students?

Website: http://www.clcillinois.edu/audiences/undocumented-students


Question: Who can I talk to if I have an IEP and want to get set up for accommodations or other support at CLC?

Thomas Crowe

Director - Disability Services

Location L112

Phone:  (847) 543-2473

Email: tcrowe@clcillinois.edu